Step 1: Making sure Remote Access Service is installed
- Click Start.
- Select Settings.
- Select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Network icon.
- Select the Services tab.
- If the Remote Access Service option is not present click on add and select Remote Access Service. You will be prompted for the install CD. It also important that your modem be configured for RAS. To do so click on the properties tab and add your modem for dial out only.
Note: The following steps assume you have the Dial-up Networking support installed.
Step 2: Creating a Dial-up Connection.
- Double-click the My Computer Icon
- Double-click the Dial-up Networking Icon
- Type in Colosseum in the Name the Phonebook Entry To Dial field and click next.
- Click next
- Check the "I am calling the Internet" box and click on next.
- Add the local access phone number (416-681-0302) and check use telephony dialing properties as required.
- Now click on the More option and select Edit entry and modem properties.
- Select the Server tab.
- Dial-up server type should read PPP:WindowsNT, Windows95 Plus, Internet.
- The TCP/IP box should be the only box checked in the network protocols section.
- Click on TCP/IP settings.
- Make sure Server Assigned IP Address is selected.
- Make sure Specify Name Server Addresses is selected
- Put in the following DNS Server IP Addresses: - Primary DNS Server (126.96.36.199) - Secondary DNS Server (188.8.131.52)
- For the Primary and Secondary WINS configuration, leave them at 0.0.0.0
- Use IP Header Compression should be Checked
- Use Default Gateway on Remote Network should be Checked. Click OK.
- Click Security and make sure "Accept any authentication including clear text" is selected.
- Click OK two times, until you get back to Dial-up Networking.
- Click on the more option and then select create shortcut to entry. This will place a shortcut to your Colosseum dial up connection on your desktop.
- Double-click on the new Colosseum Icon. Enter your username and password.
Now you are online.....Enjoy!!!