Thank you for reading Colosseum Online Inc.'s Acceptable Use Policy.
We created this document to give our users an understanding of Internet-sensitive practices, and to outline our policies on such matters as spam, harassment and unsolicited advertising.
Acceptable Use Policy
Usenet spam is defined by Colosseum Online Inc. as any message, commercial, non-profit or opinion, which is individually posted to several newsgroups at one time. Especially when the content is for commercial, and/or obviously considered to be off-topic by the participants of the group (For example, posting your political views on world-events to a non-political group such as rec.pet.cats). You may cross-post messages, by clicking on several newsgroups and posting one message to them: cross-posting is acceptable as your message goes to several groups, but readers will only see it once. It still should be of limited scope, non-commercial except in appropriate newsgroups, the message should be topical to the groups - yet the groups should be different in focus.
Colosseum Online Inc. generally declines to intervene in the case of debates, and does not consider spam complaints to be credible if they arise from disputes of this nature. The policies of the Usenet group, mailing list or Web forum will be taken into account in our consideration of such situations, but this is not the only factor Colosseum Online Inc. takes into consideration.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
Moderators, please click here for guidelines on submitting complaints
Any message (of any content) which is repeated after warning or notification is given that such message(s) are unwelcome constitutes harassment under Colosseum Online Inc.'s policies. If you are warned by an Internet user to stop sending e-mail, or are notified that your attentions or opinions are unwanted, the best response is to immediately drop all communication with this individual.
We generally decline to intervene in the case of debates. If, in our judgment, the exchange is mutual, and if the complainant does not also agree to terminate comment, then we will not consider it harassment should you continue to participate on a public newsgroup or forum only. We will not consider such an exchange to be harassment. The policies of the Usenet group, mailing list or Web forum will be taken into account in our consideration of such situations, but this is not the only factor we consider.
Moderators, please click here for guidelines on submitting complaints
Colosseum Online Inc. has a zero-tolerance policy towards Bulk Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (BUCE, also called "SPAM").
Accounts may be terminated if:
- Colosseum Online Inc. receives complaints from Internet users that they find themselves unwillingly subscribed to a mailing list.
- Colosseum Online Inc. receives complaints of multiple copies of the same message being sent to the same address.
- The volume of outgoing mail from one subscriber is sufficient to negatively impact the quality of service to Colosseum Online Inc.'s other customers.
- Colosseum Online Inc. receives complaints of any kind of e-mail message with faked headers that can be traced to a particular Colosseum Online Inc. account.
- Colosseum Online Inc. receives complaints that a commercial advertisement has been cross-posted to multiple Usenet Groups or Web forums (especially Usenet groups to which the message is considered off-topic - for example, a message about car-parts to the alt.binaries groups).
- Colosseum Online Inc. receives complaints from its upstream providers about AUP violations.
- Web Hosting accounts will be terminated if it is determined that their owners are using Colosseum Online Inc. or a third-party ISP to advertise using BUCE.
Without limiting the generality of this Acceptable Use Policy, the following activities are specifically prohibited by this Acceptable Use Policy:
- Copyright Infringement: Direct copyright infringement is a direct violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Email Bombing: The sending, return, bouncing or forwarding of email to specified user(s) in an attempt to interfere with or over flow email services is a direct violation of the acceptable use policy.
- Proxy Email (SPAM): The use of dedicated services to proxy email unsolicited users is a direct violation of the acceptable use policy. Proxy email is defined as the use of dedicated services to act in concert with other services located inside and outside the network to achieve mass unsolicited email (SPAM) to unrelated third parties.
- Illegal Use: Any use of Colosseum Online Inc. services in direct attempt of statutory illegal activities is a direct violation of the acceptable use policy. This includes, but is not limited to: death threats, terroristic threats, threats of harm to another individual, multi-level marketing schemes, "ponzi schemes", invasion of privacy, credit card fraud, racketeering, defamation, slander, and other common illegal activities.
- Child Pornography: Colosseum Online Inc. has a zero-tolerance stance policy on child pornography and related sites. The hosting of child pornography or related sites or contact information is in direct violation of federal law and the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Threats & Harassment: The Colosseum Online Inc. network can be utilized for any type of individual, organizational or business use. This does not include threats or harassment to individuals. Colosseum Online Inc. seeks to serve only as the medium of exchange for information and refrains from decisions on freedom of speech.
- Fraudulent Activities: Colosseum Online Inc. prohibits utilizing any Services for fraudulent activities. Notification of fraudulent activities by verified third parties can result in violation of the acceptable use policy.
- Denial of Service: Colosseum Online Inc. absolutely prohibits the use of the Services for the origination or control of denial of service (DoS) attacks or distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. Any relation to DoS or DDoS type activity is a direct violation of the acceptable use policy.
- Terrorist Websites: Colosseum Online Inc. prohibits the use of any services for the hosting of terrorist related websites. This includes but is not limited to sites advocating human violence and hate crimes based upon religion, ethnicity, or country of origin.
- Distribution of Malware: Colosseum Online Inc. prohibits the storage, distribution, fabrication, or use of malware including virus software, root kits, password crackers, adware, key stroke capture programs and other programs normally used in malicious activity. Programs used in the normal ordinary course of business are deemed acceptable. Example: Security Company hosting at Colosseum Online Inc. analyzes the latest root kit for new security analysis software.
- Phishing: Colosseum Online Inc. strictly prohibits any activity associated with Phishing or systems designed to collect personal information (name, account numbers, usernames, passwords, etc.) under false pretense. Splash pages, phishing forms, email distribution, proxy email or any relation to phishing activities will result in immediate removal.
- HYIP or Ponzi Schemes: High Yield Investment Plans or Ponzi schemes with the intent to defraud end users are illegal and not allowed on the network. This includes hosting, linking and or advertising via email, websites or schemes designed to defraud.
Colosseum Online Inc. may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any Federal, Provincial or local regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret.
On the first complaint, the account will be suspended until such time as the customer provides written assurances that the abusive pattern will not be repeated. The customer will be contacted and informed of the suspension as soon as possible.
It is the policy of Colosseum Online Inc. that commercial mailing lists are acceptable, provided that all e-mail addresses on the list are willing subscribers.
These policies supersede all previous representations understandings or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding and variance with terms and conditions of any order submitted. They are subject to changes and additions without notice.