Endian UTM Support & Maintenance
What is Endian Maintenance?
Endian Maintenance is a term-based subscription associated with any Endian product which provides constant updates (bug fixes, patches, signatures), upgrades (software enhancements), technical support and access to premium content.
Available Maintenance Packages
Maintenance subscription is offered in packages of 1 or 3 years at either the Standard or Advanced level. Depending on your maintenance (Standard or Advanced) the support service will be delivered with different response times. See below for more details.
- Standard Maintenance is suited for organizations requiring a basic support service for small-medium networks with non-critical requirements. For first level support, end users shall contact Colosseum Online Inc.; if we are unable to resolve the issue we will then escalate the request to the Endian Support Center and receive technical assistance according to the SLA.
- Advanced Maintenance is designed for companies that require a high priority level of support. This package includes quick-reaction support service that guarantees the lowest downtime impact on your network in case of problems or hardware failure.
Support Level Definitions
Support ticket priority levels are used to assist in the prioritization of handling support issues. Colosseum Online Inc.'s engineers will use the guide below to select the appropriate priority level for all submitted support tickets. Please note that Colosseum Online Inc. has the right to modify the priority levels below and upgrade or downgrade the priority level of a support issue at any time.
||Impact on Business Operations
||Endian Appliance is down or experiencing a consistent, measurable performance impact.
||Endian Appliance is experiencing intermittent failure or degredation of performance.
||Questions, information, documentation, how-to requests.
Why Should I Renew the Maintenance & Support License?
Endian UTM solutions are designed to keep your network safe from a wide variety of malicious Internet threats and attacks, but because new threats emerge every day, doing so requires constant development. The tools used to secure networks today may simply not be enough to protect them tomorrow.
Here are some reasons why we strongly recommend you keep the Maintenance subscription valid and up to date:
- Best Security Practices - Security is critical as it pertains to a network, especially if connected to the Internet. Security updates such as antivirus signatures or blacklists are essential in order to keep your network safe and protected from malicious threats.
- Functionality & Compatibility - As browsers, operating systems and email clients evolve over time, to stay compatible, so too must Endian. An updated maintenance package ensures that!
- Compliance/Regulations - In many industries, there are compliance policies that require system administrators to keep systems connected to the Internet, updated and protected from improper use. A "stale appliance" may put you out of compliance.